2018 Technical Excellence Award
Presented to Professor Krishnendu Chakrabarty from Duke University
Established in 1991, the Technical Excellence Award is an incentive and recognition program for research of exceptional value to SRC members. This prestigious award is shared equally among key contributors for innovative technology that significantly enhances the productivity and competitiveness of the semiconductor industry.
Essential aspects that are considered in the selection process include creativity, relevance to SRC research objectives, value to industry, and technology transfer.
This year, the 2018 honor is presented to Professor Krishnendu Chakrabarty, Duke University for"Pioneering Solutions to the Test Challenges for 3D Integrated Circuits".
Professor Chakrabarty is recognized as a Guru in design for test methodologies, which are “Best in Class” and have been broadly adopted by member companies. He has recently contributed pioneering work on testing modern 3D integrated circuits. Some examples of the adoption of Professor Chakrabarty’s work by industry include:
- Test and debug tools for 3D-stacked Integrated Circuits at Intel
- Tools for delay characterization and testing of arbitrary multiple-pin interconnects at Mentor Graphics;
- Repair analysis algorithms for memories at Samsung;
- Low-cost post-bond testing of 3-D ICs at TSMC;
- BIST hardware for fine-grained aging-induced delay prediction at NXP;
- Test-access mechanism optimization for core-based three-dimensional SOCs at Qualcomm
Please join in congratulating Professor Krishnendu Chakrabarty as the 2018 recipient of the Technical Excellence Award.