Call for Research in Verification
The Computer-Aided Design and Test Science area is soliciting white papers (due May 5, 2005) in the area of verification for work to begin in November 2005 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by individual investigators or by research teams. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below.
Depending on the quality of proposals and the funds available, SRC may decide to pursue all, some or none of the proposed projects. SRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals.
Member needs in verification, developed by a task force of SRC industry members are outlined in a new needs document which should be consulted and referred to in your white paper.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and must be submitted via the SRC Web site. White papers not meeting these requirments will not be considered.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge and state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall budget requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|Request for White Papers||April 7, 2005|
|Deadline to Submit White Papers||May 5, 2005|
|Proposals Requested||June 9, 2005|
|Deadline to Submit Proposals||July 7, 2005|
|Program/Funding Start||November 1, 2005|