Call for Research in Integrated Systems Design
The Integrated Circuit and Systems Sciences (ICSS) area is soliciting white papers (due August 18, 2006) in the area of Integrated Systems Design for work to begin April 2007 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by individual investigators or by research teams. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below.
Depending on the quality of proposals and the funds available, SRC may decide to pursue all, some or none of the proposed projects. SRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals. Based on preliminary budget projections, we plan to fund approximately 7 new projects in the ICSS Integrated Systems Design thrust.
Member needs in Integrated Systems Design, developed by a task force of SRC industry members are outlined in a new needs document.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and must be submitted via the SRC Web site by Friday, AUGUST 18, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT. White papers not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Needs category
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge and state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students.
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property (any issues regarding blocking IP must be resolved before award of contract)
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|Request for White Papers
|Wednesday, July 19, 2006
|Deadline to Submit White Papers
|Friday, August 18, 2006, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT
|Wednesday, October 4, 2006
|Deadline to Submit Proposals
|Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT
|Funding Decisions Announced
|Friday, December 15, 2006
|April 1, 2007