Call for Research in Test and Testability
The Computer-Aided Design and Test Sciences (CADTS) area of SRC is soliciting white papers (due September 20, 2006) in the area of Test and Testability, for work to begin April 2007 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research is issued to universities worldwide. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below.
SRC may elect to negotiate a project's research scope or composition to meet funding or distribution needs. Based on preliminary budget projections, we plan to fund approximately 8-10 new projects in the CADTS Test and Testability thrust.
Member needs in Test and Testability, developed by a task force of SRC industry members, are outlined in a new needs document.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE SRC WEB SITE by WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT. White papers not meeting these requirements will be discarded.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Needs category/sub-categories addressed by your submission
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge beyond the state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property (any issues regarding blocking IP must be resolved before award of contract)
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|Request for White Papers
|Thursday, August 17, 2006
|Deadline to Submit White Papers
|Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 3PM EDT/12PM PDT
|Thursday, November 2, 2006
|Deadline to Submit Proposals
|Thursday, November 30, 2006, 3PM EDT/12PM PDT
|Funding Decisions Announced
|Monday, January 22, 2006
|April 1, 2007