Call for Research in Circuit Design
The Integrated Circuit and Systems Sciences (ICSS) area is soliciting white papers (due August 13, 2007) in the area of Circuit Design for work to begin April 1, 2008 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by individual investigators or by research teams. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below. Please note that this process will be completed in two stages and only selected white papers will be advanced to the full proposal stage. We will pursue a number of proposals based on quality, perceived member value and available funds. SRC GRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals.
Member needs in Circuit Design, developed by a task force of SRC GRC industry members are outlined in a new needs document.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and must be submitted via the SRC GRC Web site by Monday, AUGUST 13, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT. White papers not meeting these requirements will be discarded.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Needs category
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge and state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC GRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC GRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students.
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property (any issues regarding blocking IP must be resolved before award of contract)
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|Open Call for White Papers||Saturday, July 14, 2007|
|Deadline to Submit White Papers||Monday, August 13, 2007, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT|
|Proposals Requested||Friday, October 5, 2007|
|Deadline to Submit Proposals||Monday, November 5, 2007, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT|
|Funding Decisions Announced||Monday, February 11, 2008|
|Program/Funding Start||April 1, 2008|