Call for Research in System Level Design
Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration (GRC) is soliciting white papers in the area of System Level Design. Only a very limited number of white papers will receive eventual funding.
This call, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by an individual investigator or a research team. Our selection process is divided into two stages. Interested parties are requested to submit a brief 1-page white paper, which should identify what can be done in a two-year period beginning December 1, 2016, and what could be done additionally if a third year is requested. (Please specify the third-year goals separately.) Two-year-only white papers are also acceptable. A successfully selected white paper will result in an invitation to submit a full proposal, with recommendation that the proposal will be written for 2 years or 3 years. These proposals will be further down-selected for research contracts.
The number and size of the contracts awarded will be determined by the availability of funds, and by the number of high-quality proposals. Contracts awarded normally support 1-2 graduate students. The funding level requested will be a factor in the selection process. Proposals offering funding leverage (other funding resources related and beneficial to the proposed work) are encouraged and should be indicated.
Each researcher may be involved in at most two white papers.
Our research needs are outlined in the System Level Design research needs document. Researchers should carefully review this document.
White Papers are limited to 1 page total, using a minimum of 10-point font size, and must be submitted via the SRC web-site by May 16, 2016 no later than 3PM EDT/ 12PM PDT. Submissions not in compliance with all guidelines will be excluded from consideration.
Please include the following identifying information in your White Paper:
- Project title
- Investigator(s) and university.
- Principal investigator’s contacts (telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address).
Please address the following topics in your White Paper:
- Targeted Need: Emphasize area and problem to be addressed.
- Approach: Present your strategy for addressing the problem. Describe important findings from your research to date. Describe how your proposed research would advance the state-of-the-art and be useful to SRC member companies.
- Objective and Results: What you plan to accomplish in a 2-year period. If 3-year plan is proposed, please specify clearly what is expected in the third year separately. What are the anticipated outputs of a successful effort?
- Funding Request and participants: Plan for yearly budget should include overhead charges by your institution. Besides faculty, please also indicate the number of students supported and their degrees pursued. A detailed approved budget is not required at this time.
- Funding Leverage: Leverage funding applicable to the proposed research.
- Background IP: Identify any blocking pre-existing intellectual property on which new results will be based.
Contract Awardees will be expected to:
- Participate in annual project review.
- Interact with liaisons.
- Submit reports for pre-defined deliverables in proposal.
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research.
- File patents when applicable.
|Announcement of Call-for-White-Papers
|Friday, April 1, 2016
|Deadline to Submit White Papers
|Monday, May 16, 2016, 3 PM EDT/ 12 PM PDT
|Invitation to Submit Full Proposals
|Friday, July 1, 2016
|Deadline to Submit Full Proposals
|Friday, August 12, 2016, 3 PM EDT/ 12 PM PDT
|Selected Proposals Notified
|Monday, October 10, 2016
|New Programs Start
|December 1, 2016