Submissions using OpenWater
White Paper Submissions
What are the requirements for a whitepaper submission?
Specific requirements for a white paper are documented on the call page.
Can I update my submission?
No. You can edit your submission multiple times but once a submission is finalized, it is no longer editable.
Requested proposals follow a formula. You will be prompted to download various template files which need to be edited and then uploaded during the proposal submission process.
Prepare proposal submission documents
Use the proposal templates to prepare your proposal. Once completed, you need to convert each proposal template to PDF and upload it into the submission form when requested.
- Overview of Research. Provide an overview of your entire research. This section should showcase the value of your proposed research (technical merit, innovative approach, and relevance to industry) and the strength of your research team. The overview section should be no more than three (3) pages for JUMP and no more than five (5) pages for other proposals, not including references. Please save individual task descriptions for the Research Catalog Page.
- Research Catalog page. SRC provides strict guidelines in the template for the research catalog page. These limits are required when adding your research into our online Research Catalog. Some contracts have a single defined task; if you are proposing multiple tasks, include one catalog page per task.
- Finance plan. This spreadsheet includes three Excel worksheets. In some cases you will be duplicating the worksheets for multiple years or multiple participants. Convert this spreadsheet into a portrait-oriented PDF for submission.
- Annual budget. Duplicate the budget worksheet so that you have one for each contract year. Each year’s budget must be signed by the PI and the appropriate university official.
- Other support. List all other sources of funding support, current and pending. Complete a copy of this worksheet for each researcher.
- Monthly expenditures. This is essentially your burn rate, and assists SRC in planning its cash flow and monitoring your progress.
Signatures & Authorization
When SRC requests a proposal, signature authorization is provided by key members of faculty and the university contracts office. OpenWater includes a feature that makes it easy to send a request for an authorized signature, and will notify you once the signature has been received.