SRC Celebrates its 30th Anniversary
This year Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) is celebrating its 30th anniversary, marking three decades during which it has guided collaborative research for the semiconductor industry. See the presentation SRC: Celebrating 30 Years.
SRC’s mission is to define industry needs, invest in and manage the research that gives its members a competitive advantage in the dynamic global marketplace. Through its research contracts, SRC expands the industry knowledge base and attracts premier students to help innovate and transfer semiconductor technology to the commercial industry. For its success, SRC was awarded the National Medal of Technology, America’s highest recognition for contributions to technology, in 2007.
It has certainly been an eventful 30 years for SRC and the semiconductor industry at large, but most in the industry believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible. Here’s to the next 30 years of achievement and innovation.
Additional resources about the SRC and its unique history ...
- A short version of the above presentation
- From the 30th anniversary dinner
- Presentation by Dr. Charles Vest, Preseident, National Academy of Engineering
- Presentation by Dr. John Kelly, Senior Vice President and Director of Research, IBM
- News and Observer article - SRC celebrates 30 years of funding semiconductor research
- SRC Milestones takes you on a walk through SRC's accomplishments and highlights year-by-year.
- More about SRC