GLOBALFOUNDRIES Undergraduate Research Scholarships
GLOBALFOUNDRIES, in partnership with the Semiconductor Research Corporation Education Alliance, is offering student scholarships to recognize and reward aspiring and leadership-oriented engineers interested in the semiconductor industry. This exciting scholarship is for students who demonstrate solid ambition and promise in their academic and professional efforts and can provide a meaningful boost toward a college education.
This scholarship was created by GLOBALFOUNDRIES to recognize and reward students in science, technology, and engineering. The selected winners of this award will have the opportunity to interact with GLOBALFOUNDRIES researchers, engage on campus and access the professional resources of the Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) and the SRC Education Alliance. These scholarships are available for one academic year (approximately 9 months) and up to $5000 per scholarship award.
Who is Eligible?
- Rising juniors and seniors in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, industrial engineering, and materials science and engineering.
- Must be US citizen or hold permanent right to work in the US
- Veterans, New York residents, students at NY universities, and women are encouraged to apply
- Applicants are required to have a grade point average that indicated potential to attend graduate school and be a full-time student as defined by his or her academic institution during the course of the award.
How to Apply?
Applications will be accepted through online submission only. Please have all your information ready when you begin the online application. Applications will include the following:
- Completed personal information including full name, permanent contact information (mailing address, phone, and email), name of academic institution
- List of academic scholarships, awards, prizes, etc.
- Extracurricular activities while in college or university
- Relevant work experience
- Resume - you will be asked to upload a complete resume during the application process (.PDF files accepted)
- School transcript showing overall cumulative grade point average; an official school transcript must be submitted before any award will be issued)
- Recommendation from faculty advisor - you will be asked for an e-mail address during the application process and the advisor or manager will be asked to provide a recommendation online
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive