The application period for this targeted fellowship call is from March 10 - April 30, 2021. All applications and supporting materials including recommendations, transcripts, and GRE scores must arrive at SRC no later than April 30, 2021, to be considered for an award.
SRC is leveraging best-in-class software to manage the award nomination submissions and selection process. You will need to create an account if you have not already done so.
Graduate Fellowship Application Instructions
Graduate Fellowship Program (GFP) Criteria
Open to students who are or will be pursuing a PhD degree; US citizens or permanent resident (green card), refugee, or political asylum status in the U.S. Candidates will be considered for the award of a SRC Fellowship based on merit and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age. Applicant should already be enrolled in a PhD program and working on GRC research (AMS-CSD, AIHW, CADT, PKG, and HWS) in one of the following areas:
- Data conversion & Sensor Interface(AFE)
- Ultra-low power MCU and ML architectures
- Power conversion & power density
- HV power management
- High speed and low power communication links
- mm-Wave/RF circuit & systems (CMOS, SiGe, FDSOI…)
- Energy sources/management
- Power & heterogeneous packaging
- CAD (reliability modeling, analog verification and coverage)
- Test (including fast precision test with voltage, current, noise, linearity, and analog coverage to push to DPPB)
- Reliability effects and mitigation strategies for silicon and GaN devices and circuits
- Silicon RF Technology Development
- High Speed Bipolar Transistor Design
Fellowship tenure is for up to 3 years (36 mos) and begins the fall term of the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applications for GFP
Complete applications, including all supporting materials, must be submitted by close of business on April 30, 2021 midnight ET. Note, you must create an account in OpenWater. This will allow you to work on the application, save, edit until you are ready for submission. It is recommended you skip ahead in the OpenWater form and send your 3 letters of recommendation before your application is ready to submit. This will give references adequate time to respond before the deadline.
Applications will include:
- SRC Graduate Fellowship Form (personal/academic history)
- Proposed Research Topic - In a concise statement, describe your proposed research topic (maximum of 500 words)
- Personal Statement - Include long-range professional goals (maximum of 500 words)
- Upload Section
- Academic honors/awards
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional work or work-training experience relevant to your proposed course of study
- Technical publications
- Technical Conference participation (i.e. poster presentations, etc.)
- Transcripts (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Note, we reserve the right to request your official transcripts if accepted.)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - (Upload a copy/photo of GRE score. Note, we reserve the right to request an official GRE score if accepted)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation - please skip ahead in the OpenWater form and send recommendations before your application is ready to submit, so references have adequate time to respond.
- One from Faculty advisor reference – from actively engaged research investigator who will act as the student's Faculty Advisor,
- Two additional references – from scientists, engineers, or faculty members who have recent or current knowledge of the applicant's academic accomplishments and professional or research experience
SRC Research Universities
SRC Fellowships for 2021-2022 are tenable only at U.S. institutions of higher education. The preference is that the student will be attending a university that has research contracts with the SRC GRC. Candidates must already be enrolled in a graduate PhD program at the time this application is submitted. SRC research universities and names of faculty who are directors or principal investigators for GRC projects are listed on the SRC website here.
The information provided for a candidate's complete application will be used solely for selecting SRC Graduate Fellows and will be disclosed only to members of the selection panel formed for this purpose or to those officials responsible for the administration of the GFP. Aggregated data based on application materials may be used in management reports designed to evaluate the direction and progress of the program as a whole. Identification of specific data from individual applications will be avoided.
A limited number of SRC Fellowships will be awarded for 2021-2022. All eligible candidates who have submitted a complete application will be notified by email, unless otherwise requested, of the action resulting from the Graduate Fellowship Program review process. SRC reserves the right not to award fellowships or scholarships if applications of sufficiently high quality are not received.
Fellowship award notifications will be emailed by June 2021. Application to this program does not obligate a candidate to accept the award of an SRC Fellowship if selected. Prior to a candidate's agreement to enter into this program, SRC will supply complete details regarding the terms of the award.
Address all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org