The application period for this targeted fellowship call is from March 9 - April 13, 2018. All applications and supporting materials including recommendations, transcripts, and GRE scores must arrive at SRC no later than April 13, 2018 to be considered for an award.
Graduate Fellowship Application Instructions
Graduate Fellowship Program (GFP) Criteria
- Open to students who are or will be pursuing a PhD degree;
- US citizens or permanent resident (green card), refugee, or political asylum status in the U.S.
- Candidates will be considered for the award of a SRC Fellowship based on merit and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age.
- Applicant should already be enrolled in a PhD program and working on GRC research in one of the following areas:
- Data conversion
- Ultra-low power MCU architectures
- Power conversion & power density
- HV power management
- High speed and low power communication links
- mm-Wave circuit & systems
- Energy sources/management
- Power & heterogeneous packaging
- CAD (reliability modeling, analog verification and coverage)
- Test (including fast precision test with voltage, current, noise, linearity, and analog coverage to push to DPPB)
- Reliability effects and mitigation strategies for silicon and GaN devices and circuits
Fellowship tenure is for up to 3 years (36 mos) and begins the fall term of the 2018-2019 academic year.
Applications for GFP
Complete applications, including all supporting materials, must be submitted by close of business April 13, 2018. Note, please have all items listed below ready when submitting (except references).
Applications will include:
- SRC Graduate Fellowship Form (Download fellowship application here)
- Academic honors/awards
- Extracurricular activities
- Professional work or work-training experience relevant to your proposed course of study
- Technical publications
- Technical Conference participation (i.e. poster presentations, etc.)
- Proposed Research Topic - In a concise statement, describe your proposed research topic (approximately 500 words)
- Personal Statement - Include long-range professional goals (approximately 500 words)
- Transcripts (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Note, we reserve the right to request your official transcripts if accepted.)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - (Upload a copy/photo of GRE score. Note, we reserve the right to request official GRE score if accepted)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- One from Faculty advisor reference – from actively engaged research investigator who will act as the student's Faculty Advisor,
- Two additional references – from scientists, engineers, or faculty members who have recent or current knowledge of the applicant's academic accomplishments and professional or research experience
- URL to submit reference form Please forward URL to references along with reference form (Down reference form here)
SRC Research Universities
SRC Fellowships for 2018-2019 are tenable only at U.S. institutions of higher education. The preference is that the student will be attending a university that has research contracts with the SRC GRC. Candidates must already be enrolled in a graduate PhD program at the time this application is submitted. SRC research universities and names of faculty who are directors or principal investigators for GRC projects are listed on the SRC website here.
The information provided for a candidate's complete application will be used solely for selecting SRC Graduate Fellows and will be disclosed only to members of the selection panel formed for this purpose or to those officials responsible for the administration of the GFP. Aggregated data based on application materials may be used in management reports designed to evaluate the direction and progress of the program as a whole. Identification of specific data from individual applications will be avoided.
A limited number of SRC Fellowships will be awarded for 2018-2019. All eligible candidates who have submitted a complete application will be notified by email, unless otherwise requested, of the action resulting from the Graduate Fellowship Program review process. SRC reserves the right not to award fellowships or scholarships if applications of sufficiently high quality are not received.
Application to this program does not obligate a candidate to accept the award of an SRC Fellowship if selected. Prior to a candidate's agreement to enter into this program, SRC will supply complete details regarding the terms of the award.
Address all inquiries to email@example.com
Scholarship Management System provided by FilesAnywhere