The current application period runs from November 7, 2016 - February 10, 2017. All applications and supporting materials including recommendations, transcripts, and GRE scores must arrive at SRC no later than February 10, 2017 to be considered for an award.
Graduate Fellowship and Master's Scholarship Application Instructions
Graduate Fellowship Program (GFP) Criteria
- Open to students who are or will be pursuing a PhD degree;
- US citizens or permanent resident (green card), refugee, or political asylum status in the U.S.
- Candidates will be considered for the award of a SRC Fellowship based on merit and without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or age.
Fellowship tenure is for up to 3 years (36 mos) with a possible 1 year (12 mos) extension and begins with the fall term of the 2017-2018 academic year.
Masters' Scholarship Program (MSP) Criteria
- US citizens or permanent resident status
- Women and members of underrepresented minority categories are encouraged to apply
- Open to students who are or who will be pursuing a Master’s degree; the preference is that students be under the guidance of an SRC Global Research Collaboration (GRC) faculty member and GRC funded research contract
Scholarship tenure is for up to 2 years (24 mos) and begins with the fall term of the 2017-2018 academic year.
Applications for GFP and MSP
Complete applications, including all supporting materials, must be submitted by close of business February 10, 2017.
Applications will include:
- Completed personal information
- Faculty advisor reference – from actively engaged research investigator who will act as the student's Faculty Advisor
- Two additional references – from scientists, engineers, or faculty members who have recent or current knowledge of the applicant's academic accomplishments and professional or research experience
- Official transcripts of all accredited baccalaureate and graduate work completed, including the first semester or quarter of the current academic year, sent directly to SRC from the college or university registrar. It is advisable to order transcripts immediately upon a decision to apply to allow academic institutions adequate time to process requests before the application deadline. Electronic copies are accepted or copies can be sent to: SRC Graduate Fellowship/Scholarship Program, 4819 Emperor Blvd., Suite 300, Durham, NC 27703.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended for all students. (SRC Institution Code 2800).
SRC Research Universities
SRC Fellowships for 2017-2018 are tenable only at U.S. institutions of higher education. Although not required, the preference is that the student will be attending a university that has research contracts with the SRC. Candidates must have applied for or been accepted in such a graduate program (MS or PhD as is appropriate) at the time this application is submitted. SRC research universities and names of faculty who are directors or principal investigators for GRC projects are listed on the SRC website here.
The information provided for a candidate's complete application will be used solely for selecting SRC Graduate Fellows/Scholars and will be disclosed only to members of the selection panel formed for this purpose or to those officials responsible for the administration of the GFP/MSP. Aggregated data based on application materials may be used in management reports designed to evaluate the direction and progress of the program as a whole. Identification of specific data from individual applications will be avoided.
A limited number of SRC Fellowships & Scholarships will be awarded for 2017-2018. All eligible candidates who have submitted a complete application will be notified by email, unless otherwise requested, of the action resulting from the Graduate Fellowship/Scholarship Program review process. Notification will be made no later than April 7, 2017. SRC reserves the right not to award fellowships or scholarships if applications of sufficiently high quality are not received.
Application to this program does not obligate a candidate to accept the award of an SRC Fellowship/Scholarship if selected. Prior to a candidate's agreement to enter into this program, SRC will supply complete details regarding the terms of the award. Reference copies of the GFP agreement and MSP agreement are available.
Address all inquiries to email@example.com
Scholarship Management System provided by WizeHive