Student Handbook

VIII. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  1. How do I become an SRC student?
  2. How do I update my student information?
  3. How do I apply for the Fellowship or Scholarship program?
  4. How do I get an SRC Web account?
  5. I forgot my password or user name for the website; what do I do?
  6. How do I get my resume on the SRC website?


Question #1: How do I become an SRC student?

An SRC student is defined as a regularly enrolled Masters or Ph.D. student who has been and is currently, or is planned to be, working on a research task that is funded under an SRC research contract for at least one full academic term. Students may be fully or partially funded by a contract or leveraged, but must be working directly on a task funded by the contract. Students working on SRC funded research are recruited by the Principal Investigator or Task Leader.

Once invited by faculty to join an SRC funded research group, you need to register online for an SRC web account.

  1. Go to and click on “Register” and complete the information requested (name, university, email - you must use a university domain address, not gmail, yahoo, or aol))
  2. An email will be sent to you confirming your email address.  Click on the link provided to return to the site in order to complete the registration process.  
  3. Complete the Personal Information. BE SURE TO CHECK THE BOX INDICATING SRC STUDENT OR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER.  Click on the green NEXT box at the bottom when finished.   
  4. Read and accept the User Agreement – scroll to the bottom of the agreement to see the green I Agree button.
  5. Choose a Username and Password
  6.  Enter all the information requested regarding academic information
  7. Click the green Submit button at the bottom again. 

The term "student," when used on this website, also includes postdoctoral researchers working on the research. If you are interested in becoming an SRC student, check the SRC Participating Universities and Faculty list for Professors with SRC funding at your university.

Question #2: How do I update my information?

You can change your student profile online by logging into the SRC website and choosing Update Student Profile from the right side of the My SRC Page. You can also e-mail changes in your information to

Question #3: How do I apply for the GRC Fellowship or Scholarship program?

Application materials for the Fellowship and Scholarship Programs are posted to the SRC website at the beginning of November with a deadline for application in February of the following year and awards are announced in April. Additional program information, eligibility information, and application material (when available) can be found on the SRC website.

Question #4: How do I get an SRC web account?

In order to be eligible for an SRC web account, you must be working on SRC sponsored research. If you are working on SRC research, fill out a New Student Form / Postdoctoral Researcher and submit the form according to the instructions provided. When the form has been received and processed, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on activating your account. If you have completed the form and lost the instructional e-mail, please contact

Question #5: I forgot my password or user name for the Web site; what do I do?

If you already have a user name and password for the SRC Web site, you can use our Account Information Finder to look up lost or forgotten passwords and user names.

Question #6: How do I get my resume on the SRC website?

In order to get your resume on the SRC website, read the resume information provided in the SRC Student Handbook.

4819 Emperor Blvd, Suite 300 Durham, NC 27703 Voice: (919) 941-9400 Fax: (919) 941-9450

Important Information for the SRC website. This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our cookies. If you are not happy with the use of these cookies, please review our Cookie Policy to learn how they can be disabled. By disabling cookies, some features of the site will not work.