Call for Research in Circuit Design
The ICSS area is soliciting white papers (due September 24, 2004) in the area of Circuit Design for work to begin in April 2005 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by individual investigators or by research teams. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below.
Depending on the quality of proposals and the funds available, SRC may decide to pursue all, some or none of the proposed projects. SRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals.
Member needs in circuit design, developed by a force of SRC industry members are outlined in a new needs document which should be consulted and referred to in your white paper.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and must be submitted via the SRC Web site. White papers not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please make sure to address the following in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge and state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|White Paper and Anticipated Proposal Timetable
|Request for White Papers
|August 11, 2004
|Deadline to Submit White Papers
|September 24, 2004
|November 8, 2004
|Deadline to Submit Proposals
|December 3, 2004
|Contract Awards Announced
|February 14, 2004
|April 1, 2005
Please direct all technical questions to Dale Edwards, (919-941-9400).
All other questions and responses should be directed to Rebecca Spear, (email@example.com ).