Call for Research in Patterning, Nanoengineered Materials and Metrology
GRC's Nanomanufacturing area is soliciting white papers in the Patterning, Emerging Research Materials, and Nanocharacterization/ Metrology areas for work to begin January 1, 2008 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research is issued to universities worldwide. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit a full proposal, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below.
GRC may elect to negotiate a project's research scope or composition to meet funding or distribution needs.
Member needs in Patterning, Emerging Research Materials, and Nanocharacterization/ Metrology, developed by a task force of SRC industry members, are outlined in a new research needs document.
Responses are limited to four pages, using at least a 10-point font, and MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE SRC WEB SITE by FRIDAY, MAY 18, 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT. White papers not meeting these requirements will be discarded.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Needs category/sub-categories addressed by your submission
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge beyond the state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students
- The extent, if any, that this research requires the use of Background Intellectual Property
Awardees will be expected to:
- Resolve any blocking Background Intellectual Property issues before award of contract
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
|Request for White Papers
|Thursday, April 26, 2007
|Deadline to Submit White Papers
|Friday, May 18, 2007 - 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT
|Monday, June 25, 2007
|Deadline to Submit Proposals
|Monday, July 23, 2007 - 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT
|Funding Decisions Announced
|Monday, November 12, 2007
|Tuesday, January 1, 2008