Call for White Papers in Logic, Physical, and System Design Tools
The Computer-Aided Design and Test Sciences (CADTS) area of SRC is soliciting white papers (due June 28, 2011) in the area of Logic, Physical, and System Design Tools, for work to begin January 2012 for an expected three-year period.
This call for research, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by individual investigators or by research teams. Successful white paper authors will be invited to submit full proposals, and a limited number of contracts will be awarded based on these proposals according to the schedule below. This process will be completed in two stages and only selected white papers will be advanced to the full proposal stage. We will pursue proposals based on quality, perceived member value and available funds. SRC GRC may also elect to negotiate a project's research scope or a team's composition to meet funding or synergy goals. No more than three white papers per faculty investigator will be considered.
Member needs in Logic, Physical, and System Design Tools, developed by a task force of SRC industry members, are outlined in a new needs document.
Responses are limited to a single page, using at least a 10-point font, and MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE SRC WEB SITE by TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 3 PM ET / 12 PM PT. White papers not meeting these requirements will not be considered.
Please include the following identifying information in your white paper:
- Project title
- Needs category/sub-categories addressed by your submission
- Telephone number and e-mail address
Please address the following topics in your white paper:
- Context: emphasis area and problem to be addressed
- Rationale: value in terms of semiconductor industry needs
- Novelty: role of this research in advancing knowledge beyond the state-of-the-art
- Approach: strategy for addressing the problem
- Results: anticipated output of a successful effort for SRC members
- Engagement: how you now or will plan to interact with SRC member companies
- Funding: a per-year approximation of overall funding requirements (university approval and official budgets are not required at this time)
- Students: involvement and education of graduate students is a key SRC goal; typical funded proposals will support 1-2 full time students
Awardees will be expected to:
- Disclose blocking background intellectual property (any issues regarding blocking IP must be resolved before award of contract)
- Update information about participating students
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research
- Participate in annual research reviews
- Provide annual reports and pre-defined deliverables
- Interact with industry liaisons
|White Paper Submission Open||Friday, May 27, 2011|
|Deadline to Submit White Papers||Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT|
|Proposal Submission Open||Friday, August 5, 2011|
|Deadline to Submit Proposals||Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT|
|Earliest Funding Start||Sunday, January 1, 2012|